3 yoga poses that make you feel instantly energised with top yoga teacher Celest Pereira #13
Celest and I after the interview. Looking extra happy.
I've been into yoga for a while now (blokes who do yoga = broga) and it does make me feel good. Kind of energised and chilled at the same time. The meditative aspects of it work at quite a deep level to relax me.
Then I spoke to cardiologist Dr. Mimi Guarneri in Zestology podcast #10. She told us about the incredible scientific study which found people who use some form of meditation (such as yoga) are 48% less likely to suffer from heart disease.
That was when I knew I wanted to look more closely at the subject in the Zestology podcast. What is it about yoga that makes us feel so good?
So who better to ask than someone who's a bit of a YouTube yoga sensation. Celest Pereira has thousands of followers who watch her videos daily on both YouTube and Instagram, and she's on a mission to get us all to feel good with her yoga moves. She's also a friend of mine, so I set her a simple challenge - 3 poses that instantly energise us.
Click above to listen now. When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- The 3 yoga poses you can do right now for extra energy and motivation. (Check Celest's insta page for in depth examples of these and other yoga poses.)
- The importance of breath and how to breath deeply for extra energy (sounds basic, but possibly the most important part).
- How to increase your 'circle of comfort'.
Easy, everyday tips for vitality
- The importance of a few moments of silence at the start of every day.
- Why movement of any kind leads to energy and vitality.
- Yoga moves that increase your health and wellbeing.
- Having an open-minded attitude has an incredible impact on your life.
- The importance of community in a happy and fulfilled life.
- Conquer something small today. That will give you the confidence to conquer other bigger challenges in future.
- by Dr. Steve Peters
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking above.
Have a super week, as always, I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions for the show over on the blog. Or, if you're feeling daring, your yoga poses.
- Yoga, connections and getting back to nature, recorded live at Yoga Connects Festival #19 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Yoga Podcasts
- Why is my hair falling out? Celest Pereira #133 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts
- Zestology Live: Feeling good and achieving more. Recorded live in London #49 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Sleep Podcasts, Nutrition Podcasts, Yoga Podcasts, Happiness Podcasts, Energy Podcasts