The art of risk taking with author Kayt Sukel #75
Zestology Guest: Kayt Sukel
Science journalist and writer Kayt Sukel has no problem tackling interesting (and often taboo) subjects spanning love, sex, neuroscience, travel and politics.
In fact, she's so dedicated to the cause that in the writing of her last book, she had an orgasm in an MRI scanner for a Guardian article. (I won't put the link, I'm sure you can google that one yourself).
Her work has appeared in the Atlantic Monthly, the New Scientist, USA Today, the Washington Post and many others. And now, she's tackling risk.
Why it's important to take risks, and how we can take more risks and get outside our comfort zone more?
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- The Art of Risk [1:35]
- Be comfortable with uncertainties [6:07]
- I am not a risk taker [7:01]
- Getting out of comfort zone [10:15]
- How can you use risk-taking to your advantage [10:34]
- Open up to possibilities [15:30]
- Danger and opportunity go hand in hand [16:14]
- Becoming bolder [16:40]
- The female orgasm [18:10]
- Love is crazy [22:54]
- Nobody is unloveable [23:12]
- Go out and try new things [33:38]
For more information
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
- The Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- The Zestology Review Of The Year: Best bits n’ stuff #94 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts
- The Art of Adventure with explorer, scientist and podcast host Derek Loudermilk #47 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Happiness Podcasts
- The 7 Secrets of Happiness With Gyles Brandreth #7 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Happiness Podcasts