The Ten Commandments Of Clutter
Simplifying your life
This is one of my fave posts, from a couple of years ago, and still relevant I think.
The Ten Commandments of Clutter: Simplify everything to be happier and more effective.
- Thou shalt take at least 5/10 minutes a day to just chill and do nothing.
- Thou shalt focus on one thing at once. If necessary, switch thy iPhone off to do this.
- Thou shalt simplify your schedule. Cut non-essential clutter to free up time, energy and brainpower.
- Thou shalt throw stuff away. (Physical clutter = mind clutter.)
- Thou shalt only have 3 windows open on your computer at any one time. (Too many windows open will always do thy head in.)
- Thou shalt get enough sleep. (Lack of sleep is often related to a fuzzy mind. Zzzzz.)
- Thou shalt be aware that when thou browses ye olde Facebook and Twitter, your mind becomes engaged in 'continuous partial attention'. Thou shalt use a program like StayFocusd to sort this one out.
- Thou shalt remember that the best things in life don't have a screen.
- Thou shalt take time to just think: when you are doing the least work, you are the most active.
- Thou shalt remember the words of Leonardo Da Vinci: 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication'.
Agree? Disagree? Do some of this stuff already? Comment below. I read every one and reply.