The Science of Behaviour Change with Anti Diet Founder Siri Steinmo #12
Zestology Guest: Siri Steinmo
Just a quick recap, a couple of months ago I started Zestology - the podcast for living with more energy, vitality and purpose. Over the last couple of months I’ve interviewed sports psychologists, new york times best-selling authors, poker coaches, film directors, and loads more, do go back and have a listen to the previous ones. And today's guest is pretty cool too.
I grabbed in an interview with the founder of The Anti Diet, and a good friend of mine too, Siri Steinmo. Siri is a health psychologist trained in the science of behaviour change. Her thing is that it's not about what diet you're on, but how you change your behaviour to ensure the health changes you make last forever. In fact she goes further - and says, diets make you fat and miserable!
What should we do instead? Every week this podcast is all about living with more energy, vitality, and motivation, and this week is no exception. It's the theme that goes through every show. So listen on, and enjoy.
Remember you can listen to this podcast on iTunes (purple preloaded app on the iPhone, great app for listening to lots of excellent shows, easiest way to subscribe and get every episode quickest) or click above to stream this podcast now.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- The system of monitoring. [11:50]
- Starting a behavioral contract with yourself. [13:40]
- How the Capability, Opportunity, Motivation Behavior Model can help you. [16:40]
- Small changes that make a difference long term. [26:26]
- Realistic achievements when facing barriers. [27:25]
Easy, every-day tips for vitality
- Clearly define the behavior in question and not just the desired outcome [7:00]
- The Goal Pyramid: the “be’s”, your “have’s,” and the “do’s” that you need to define for long-term success. [9:25]
- Life and nutrition balance: important small tweaks. [19:40]
- Positive habits for crazy work schedules. [21:41]
- The importance of seeking social support [15:30]
- Big behavior changes are a result of a few small changes that make a difference [23:15]
- Who wants to be 10 pounds heavier this time next year? And other issues with “dieting.” [25:30]
- By Dr. Susan Albers
- By Caitlin Moran
For more information
Here's how you can listen to today's episode:
- Listen to this episode on iTunes
- Stream by clicking below.
Happy listening, and have a great week.
- Eat whatever you want with nutritionist and body image coach Summer Innanen #8 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Nutrition Podcasts
- Slowing down to create more energy with Natural Health practitioner Beverly Meyer #22 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Nutrition Podcasts
- Zestology Live: Feeling good and achieving more. Recorded live in London #49 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Sleep Podcasts, Nutrition Podcasts, Yoga Podcasts, Happiness Podcasts, Energy Podcasts