Overcoming adversity – Brett Moran #128
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been to a couple of festivals in the West Country. The Tolpuddle Festival in Devon (shaking Jeremy Corbyn's hand possibly the highlight of that one.) And Yoga Connects festival in Glastonbury, where I was also speaking. It was my third time there, and it lived up to the other two - what an awesome weekend of fun, exercise and a few drinks too.
I bumped into this fella, someone I've been meaning to interview for a long time, if only I could get hold of him for more than 5 minutes!
Author Brett Moran has lived an incredible life of ups and downs. Brett's life changed forever when serving time because of a drug deal. He found himself in the prison library and stumbled across a book on meditation. The story is quite something - and it's all in the podcast.
In a nutshell, listen to this podcast to find more love, joy and happiness through simple gratitude practices and living more authentically.
He really does live in the present. I'm inspired to do that more after hanging out with him. Simple!
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear
- Following your passion [2:31]
- Brett Moran's Story [3:38]
- Getting help and support [10:37]
- Brett Moran's turning point [11:52]
- The prison of our mind [15:28]
- Dealing with temptations [21:16]
- The life-changing book that inspired Brett [22:22]
- Mindfulness and Self-Love [22:40]
- Brett's morning routine and to be list [23:39]
For more information
Zestology Guest: Brett Moran