Live for 1000 years with scientist and author Dr. Aubrey de Grey #28
Zestology Guest: John Gray
Could you live to 1000? Would you want to?
Today's Zestology podcast guest makes some extraordinary claims. Cambridge scientist and researcher Dr. Aubrey de Grey argues that aging is merely a disease and a curable one too. He talks about a post-ageing world. Humans age in seven basic ways, he says, all of which can be reversed, eventually. He is a celebrated and controversial scientist and researcher, and he says the first person to live to 1000 might be alive already.
Amazing prospect. You could be 30,40,50 now and you could live to 150, or even 1000. Crazy, right? But that is what Aubrey De Grey is suggesting will happen.
His popular TED talk on the subject has had hundreds of thousands of views. He is definitely a maverick and controversial, and this is a must-listen Zestology.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- What does a post-aging society look like? [4:20]
- Stem cells as a way to treat Parkinson’s disease [8:10]
- Improving people’s quality and quantity of life [14:20]
- Finding a mission in life [25:50]
Easy, everyday tips for vitality
- Reverse aging therapy [7:20]
- Performing mentally and physically like a young adult… again [9:50]
- Eliminating illness (Can we do it?) [18:45]
- A war on aging [21:43]
- Do we want extreme longevity? [2:45]
- Could you work until you’re 150? [16:05]
- When will we live to 1000? [13:10]
- How to live to 1000 (in one easy step) [23:10]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking below.
Have a good week, enjoy it, and let me know what you think of this podcast as always in the comments underneath the show.
P.S. If you enjoy Zestology and haven't written a review yet, it is appreciated, and helps us climb the charts. You can click here and do it right now. Send me a screengrab by return email and I'll feature you on the blog as well as send you a free audiobook.
- Improve communication, focus and relationships with bestselling author Dr John Gray #26 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Happiness Podcasts
- 5 secrets of better sleep with leading sleep recovery coach Nick Littlehales #29 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Sleep Podcasts
- Bestselling author John Gray on the lifestyle practice that is “better than drugs” #96 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts