Life with no filter: Yoga Girl and Instagram celeb Rachel Brathen #61
Zestology Guest: Rachel Brathen
How much more honest would you be if you lived life with no filters?
Today on Zestology: a story that involves travel, romance, meditation and yoga.
I interview Rachel Brathen, the New York Times best-selling author, motivational speaker, and international yoga sensation. Perhaps better recognized via her social media handle, “Yoga_Girl”.
Rachel has over 1.8 million followers on Instagram alone. Yeh, you read right - 1.8 million, basically a small country of insta followers. And on the app where filters are king, she is honest about her life in a no-filters way. (See what I did there?)
- Rachel's story, and how she ended up living in paradise (kind of romantic)
- Being honest, super honest
- We delve into stress-busting yoga
- Smooth meditation practices.
- Dealing with real world problems
- Er, and doing yoga with a goat on your back. And more...
One of Rachel Brathen, aka Yoga_Girl's instagram poses. Oh, just 25,000 likes for this one.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now..
When you listen you'll hear:
- Being honest and open on social media [01:24]
- Feeling more connected with your emotions [03:40]
- How to live in the present? [05:48]
- How can yoga help you heal your body? [13:30]
- Can you meditate while doing yoga? [14:55]
- Best time for meditation [17:20]
- Advice for people who are interested in meditation [19:39]
- Can meditation help you change your life? [22:04]
- Best thing about yoga [29:05]
- Operating at your best by doing less [34:20]
For more information
- OneOeight – Yoga Anywhere and Everywhere
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
- Rachel Brathen Yoga Lifestyle
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.