How to improve your focus with leading performance coach Karl Morris #83
Zestology Guest: Karl Morris
According to scientists, we are surrounded by so much technology these days, even a goldfish can now focus on something for longer than a human.
Researchers surveyed 2,000 participants, and the results showed the average human attention span has fallen from 12 seconds in 2000, or around the time the mobile revolution began, to eight seconds.
Goldfish, meanwhile, are believed to have an attention span of nine seconds.
Yeh, we need to do something about this.
When I spoke to my friend Karl Morris on Zestology a while back, it got a big response. He's a leading performance coach in the world of sport and kind of a big deal (though he'd be far too modest to admit that himself).
Last time we looked at designing a good day, and asked the question, 'What does a good day look like'.
So we've gone in for more good days, more staying in the present and more what Karl calls Neutral Thinking. It all adds up to improving your focus and attention.
How will this podcast help you? You'll get tips on staying in the moment, and improving your attention and focus.
And we look at mindset too. Not positive thinking (which can be unrealistic), not negative thinking (which is just meh), but Neutral Thinking, which is more based on being optimistic but realistic at the same time.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- Success is the accumulation of good days [2:46]
- The idea of little victories [3:29]
- Why people fail on goal setting? [4:20]
- Find your own truth [7:20]
- Doing rather than thinking is the key [7:50]
- The difference between reactors and responders [7:56]
- The power of choice [10:14]
- What are you putting your attention on [11:12]
- The paradox of choice [12:10]
- Positive thinking, negative thinking and neutral thinking[19:02]
- The actual benefits of writing [26:23]
- The marginal gains approach [28:53]
For more information
- Fail Fast, Fail Often: How Losing Can Help You Win
- The End of Average: How We Succeed in a World That Values Sameness
- Sign up for Karl's Mind Factor course in Manchester. (I've taken it and it's awesome!)
This podcast is brought to you by Bulletproof Coffee and supplements. Bulletproof is for anyone that wants to perform better, and features supplements and products based on 20 years of mind and body performance research. I've sorted a 10% discount for Zestology listeners. Simply use the code ZESTOLOGY at checkout.