6 ways hypnosis could change your life, with author and hypnotherapist Edrina Rush #25
"Progress is impossible without change and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." - George Bernard Shaw
Warning: I am about to discuss the H word. That's because one of the quickest ways I've found to create positive change is the aforementioned H word. Hypnosis.
Hypnosis gets a bad rap. Maybe that's because people think of people prancing around on a stage pretending to be a chicken when they think of hypnosis.
That's cool - I understand that. But hypnosis has so much more to offer. I use it almost every day, and so I wanted to use a Zestology podcast to explore its (potential) benefits for everyone.
Hypnotherapy is a form of complementary therapy that can bring about new responses, thoughts, attitudes, behaviours or feelings. (Not clucking like a chicken - that's stage hypnosis, which is obvs very different.
Me and today's guest, Edrina Rush.
Right, on to today's podcast. Edrina Rush is one of the UK’s top hypnotists and hypnotherapists, so the perfect person to riff with on this subject. We headed to the park on a beautiful summer's day in London to discuss how hypnosis can help.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- Focused Relaxation [5:00]
- How the unconscious mind processes information while the conscious mind is focusing on tasks [7:10]
- The people who do the least work, are the most happy [14:10]
- Finding your inspiration at your most relaxed state [15:35]
- If you keep telling yourself that you can’t, you probably can’t [23:40]
- The benefits of trance for major physical ailments and managing pain [24:00]
Easy, everyday tips for vitality
- Relationships and Hypnosis [7:40]
- Being aware of who you’re attracting: Different people, but similar patterns [8:55]
- Self Hypnosis [9:30]
- Do activities that make you feel alive and happy and focus on them [13:00]
- Making decisions through hypnosis [15:40]
- Setting intentions in your sleep or before hypnosis [18:20]
- Stage hypnosis versus clinical hypnosis [2:50]
- What is a high vibrational person? [9:55]
- Every master was once a disaster [19:30]
- Align your will with your desire [30:40]
- Resilience through hypnosis [20:10]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking below.
Have an awesome week, and any questions on hypnosis, leave them in the show notes on the podcast page. I'll be happy to answer if I can.
Zestology Guest: Edrina Rush