Getting your gut in great shape with scientist Leslie Dethlefsen #38
Zestology Guest: Leslie Dethlefsen
- What meat should you eat?
- What plants should you have on your plate?
- When should you take probiotics?
- What effect are antibiotics having on our general health worldwide?
Les Dethlefsen is a gut microbiota scientist, and a bit of a genius (although he's very modest when I suggest that!). He leads studies in Microbiology at Relman labs at Stanford University in California on the dynamics of the human microbiota. He has a Ph.D. in both Microbiology and Ecology/Evolutionary Biology from Michigan State.
In this podcast, we talk gut bacteria and how they affect our health, our lifestyle, our physiology, and our minds. That’s the big realisation going on at the moment from both gut experts and neurologists, and why I wanted to have Les Dethlefsen on.
When you listen you'll hear:
- Gut health mistakes [02:45]
- Foods to eat [03:44]
- Juicing, how healthy it is? [09:49]
- Eating awareness [13:02]
- The hormones in the meat (and how it affects your health?) [16:58]
- Probiotic and the human body [24:31]
- What is a Microbial ecologist [27:52]
- The effects of antibiotics [33:00]
- Basic ecological interactions (Knowing restoration ecology) [37:50]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking below.
There's another LA adventure coming next week with a guest who's taking alternative living to a new level. See ya then.
- Happy stomach = increased energy and happiness with digestive expert and podcast host Sam Bearfoot #16 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Nutrition Podcasts
- Find an extra 5%, perform better, and learn the scary truth about dry cleaning with health journalist Laura Bond #46 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Nutrition Podcasts, Energy Podcasts
- Fermented foods and the proven link between gut and brain health with author Jill Ciciarelli #32 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Nutrition Podcasts