Enjoy the journey with Meghan Currie #23
How's your summer going? Today's post is all about enjoying the journey.
On today's Zestology podcast I have an inspirational and fun-loving guest who definitely enjoys the journey.
As well as being a celebrated yoga teacher, Meghan Currie is a bit of an inspirer extraordinaire, and also blogs to her army of followers about travel and putting raw food on your face! When we met she was in the UK, then when we did the interview she was in Bali, and now she's in Istanbul for a month. She is truly enjoying the journey, and not intent on arriving.
Me and Meghan in a field
Coming up in today's show… how yoga can help with fear and anxiety, how Meghan travels around the world continuously (and how that benefits and enhances her life), and the best music to listen to if you really want to express your emotions.
Zestology is all about living with Energy, Vitality and Motivation, and I'm happy that today's show is all about enjoying the journey.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- Being intimate with yourself and your own practice [19:30]
- The importance of filtering on social media [20:40]
- Letting yourself have a moment [26:40]
- Don’t measure ingredients. Throw the recipes out. [36:00]
Easy, everyday tips for vitality
- Saying yes to every opportunity that comes up [5:05]
- Staying plugged in on a moment to moment basis [23:52]
- Why high discipline (even in yoga) can do more harm than good to your mind and mood [29:50]
- When to control and when to surrender [31:23]
- A lot of fear and anxiety is based on an accumulation of information that hasn’t been processed yet [6:20]
- Living without a home [11:40]
- Making long distance friendships work [14:50]
- Inspiring emotion with Phillip Glass music and other musicians [32:40]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking below.
That's it from me. Enjoy the journey this week.
Zestology Guest: Meghan Currie