Dean Karnazes LIVE in London #115
Zestology Guest: Dean Karnazes
It's all about The Journey.
TIME Magazine called him one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People in the World” and he's on today's podcast, reminding us to enjoy the journey.
I'm still buzzing after our latest live event in London. It was just so cool to meet lots of friendly Zestologists doing some innovative (some would say crazy) stuff to improve their energy and performance levels. We also had the legendary ultramarathoner Dean Karnazes there - the man who never stretches, even after running 300 miles!
Dean is a big name.
So impressive that TIME named him one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People in the World” and Men’s Fitness honored him as one of the fittest men on the planet.
Our topic this week? Motivation, mindset, challenges and why they're so important
We go general and specific. We’re chatting nitty gritty, including how Dean knocked off 50 marathons spanning 50 U.S. states in just 50 days and what it takes to run 350 miles across 80 sleep-free hours.
Listen up now.
Even if you aren’t angling to run a marathon (or run anything for that matter), Dean’s got a lot to say on getting and staying motivated no matter what you’re up against. He's also quite simply a very nice man, one of life's winners who's a good guy as well.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear
- The ability of every athlete to purge lactic acid [6:23]
- The extraordinary calves of Dean Karnazes [7:50]
- What provokes Dean Karnazes to do the Road to Sparta? [10:02]
- The ability to push through the tough times [12:27]
- Dean Karnazes' flow state at the Death Valley [15:00]
- The sleep running experience [19:55]
- The Paleo diet [21:22]
- How Dean lives with more energy and vitality [24:13]
- Intermittent fasting [30:30]
- Tip for rejuvenating after a race [35:14]
- The quality of a relationship is more important than quantity [40:36]
- How does Dean feel from a multi-day race? [42:07]
- The peak physical condition in Ultramarathon [44:01]
- What is the Barkley race? [51:33]
For more information
Zestology podcast is supported by this delish stuff in the pic below. Bulletproof Coffee and supplements. Simply use the code ZESTOLOGY at checkout for 10% off if you want to get involved
- Motivation, achievement and what it takes to endure with ultraendurance athlete Dean Karnazes #56 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts
- Mindset. With Ultramarathon man Dean Karnazes #104 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts
- Zestology podcast: Live with energy, vitality and motivation Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts