The best apps and gadgets for crushing it in life with fitness expert Josh Trent #58
Zestology Guest: Josh Trent
As you may know, I am an unashamed geek when it comes to tracking stuff. It's really not as tricky as it sounds though. It only takes about 90 seconds a night to track everything (lifestyle factors, supplements, energy levels and sleep quality) on a big old excel spreadsheet. Then, rather than wondering if meditation helps me feel more relaxed, or drinking loads of wine the night before a big day has a negative impact (duh), I have the data to prove it. This movement is known as Quantified Self, and there are some enlightened discoveries being made by people every day.
More and more people are tracking every day, using devices like the Jawbone (modelled by yours truly below).
Today's Zestology guest is Josh Trent. He is the founder of Wellness Force Radio, he’s been called a “Top 50 Digital Health Influencers of 2015,” and he’s a Quantified Self enthusiast & expert in Fitness Technology. With national accreditation from multiple fitness organizations and over 10 years of experience in the health & fitness industry, Josh is going to dig deep into the quantified self and explain just how to get the most out of those tricky fitness trackers.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- Decision fatigue [2:05]
- Quantified Self [5:25]
- Who are you and what are you trying to do? [9:10]
- Using trackers properly [14:15]
- Measuring information [16:50]
- Does 10,000 steps have an impact? [19:00]
- Top tracking apps [22:10]
- Emotional presence and intelligence [26:40]
- Track 3 things every day [27:10]
- Josh’s morning routine [28:25]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Does stress make you grey? (hint: YES) with Good Housekeeping Beauty Editor Sam Escobar #55 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Happiness Podcasts, Energy Podcasts
- Beat jet lag and feel more alive with entrepreneur Timo Ahopelto #52 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Sleep Podcasts, Energy Podcasts
- Zestology Live: Feeling good and achieving more. Recorded live in London #49 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Sleep Podcasts, Nutrition Podcasts, Yoga Podcasts, Happiness Podcasts, Energy Podcasts