Beat jet lag and feel more alive with entrepreneur Timo Ahopelto #52
Zestology Guest: Timo Ahopelto
Today is Zestology podcast number 52, which means we've been going a year. It's flown by, and been a lot of fun in the process. Thank you for being part of the journey, supporting me along the way, and hopefully getting some inspiration as you listen.
Now, ladies and gentlemen, as you know I always like to put myself in the line of fire and test out any new gadgets for extra energy. (I'm such a hero, right.) But this one I was super-sceptical about.
It is a crazy in-ear bright light energy headset called The Human Charger. I just wasn't convinced that a gadget that shines lights into my ears would do anything for me.
You can read my Huffington Post review of the gadget here, or listen to the podcast by clicking below
Here I am roadtesting it with my buddy Vanessa who works for Zestology (and has her own blog).
It sends bright light into your ear which is apparently as good as seeing it and especially good for jet lag and winter mornings.
The funny thing, despite my total scepticism, is I've been using this for a couple of months and for the mornings I've tried it I've felt a definite extra morning buzz.
So in the deep midwinter, I wanted to find out more about the effects of a lack of light in winter, how we can hack our jet lag, and lots more. Hence today's podcast with entrepreneur and creator of this weird headset Timo Ahopelto.
When you listen you'll hear:
- What is the Human Charger? [02:00]
- Consequences of winter without sunlight [4:10]
- The importance of light for well-being [11:40]
- Reasons behind SAD [12:15]
- Conquering jet lag [15:20]
- The light spectrum and its impact on your performance [17:40]
- Taking ‘doses’ of light [20:45]
- Dangers of shift working [24:05]
- Circadian rhythm [27:50]
- Going to bed earlier [31:50]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking below.
If this show doesn't make you want to get outside for some fresh air after listening, nothing will! Enjoy and have a wonderful week.
PS I was in New York and we got to play chess in the park - as a confirmed chess geek it was a fun experience. Check it out on my insta page here.
- Can’t sleep? Feel stressed? Get it sorted with author and podcast host Evan Brand #53 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Sleep Podcasts, Energy Podcasts
- Zestology Live: Feeling good and achieving more. Recorded live in London #49 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Sleep Podcasts, Nutrition Podcasts, Yoga Podcasts, Happiness Podcasts, Energy Podcasts
- The blue light problem that might be impacting your sleep and health with Dr. Edward Carome #14 Posted in Blog, Zestology Podcasts, Sleep Podcasts