The 17 Hour Fast: Reset your eating to sort your life out – Phil White #174
Fasting is a regular topic on Zestology. Not eating for a certain length of time every day. There seems no doubt it's good for us. But for how long? How strict should we be? What's allowed and not allowed? I've delved deep into this stuff and I've still got more questions than answers.
So my friend Phil White is back to talk fasting for a very specific 17 hours a day. Rest assured I pepper him with questions about it, cos when you look at the promises and the benefits of fasting, it seems important to get it right...
- Cut cholesterol, reduce bacterial overgrowth, and lower toxins
- Start making lifestyle changes that lower body weight and BMI and reduce body fat
- Improve digestive issues like IBS, fatty liver disease, and acid reflux
- Boost physical and cognitive performance
- Break free from habitual and boredom-related eating
- Create a rich, fully engaged experience before, during, and after fasting
- Achieve many of the benefits of a 48-hour fast in less than half the time, while avoiding many of the risks of more extreme fasts
- Overcome food-related psychological and behavioral issues while turning destructive habits into healthy ones
- Reduce sugar dependence
- Achieve more restful and restorative sleep
- Use fasting to strengthen work-life balance, improve relationships, and focus on helping others
Okay I'm in. Listen on for more.
Zestology Guest: Phil White