May 10, 2015
Posted by: Tony in Blog
This Zestology podcast is possibly my favourite so far. If I had to pick a personal doctor to look after me, it'd be Dr. Mimi Guarneri. She is a cardiologist by trade, but after spending her 30s treating hundreds of heart patients in dire need of help, she set up her own 'integrative medicine' centre to start to treat the causes and well as the symptoms of the patients she was encountering. Today's interview contains some fascinating stories, including the 'three magic words' that had a profound impact on a patient's wellbeing.
This interview was a loooong time in the planning. Dr. Mimi is a busy lady and so I'm thrilled we finally managed to get it sorted.
Live a stressful life? You have to listen. Constantly juggling priorities? Overworked? Tired? Make sure you listen in. Interested in how positive emotions and feelings can improve your physical health? You'll love this.
Remember you can listen to this podcast on iTunes (purple preloaded app on the iPhone, great app for listening to lots of awesome show) or click below to stream this podcast now.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- Prevention through lifestyle changes. [11:50]
- Stress causes your hormones to go crazy and flare up symptoms and diseases. [13:30]
- Why Integrated Medicine isn’t “alternative medicine.” [24:10]
- Simple relaxation mechanisms to improve your health in the future. [14:35]
Easy, every-day tips for vitality
- Every ill has a pill: why there are alternatives to prescriptions when you are feeling unwell. [9:20]
- Western medicine versus holistic practices: how you can rely on both and why it’s not one versus the other. [12:05]
- Training your body to respond to curve balls in a more positive way. [21:40]
- The importance of nutrition and avoiding toxins for optimal health. [28:30]
- How your personal story can reflect your diagnosis. [8:23]
- Why the lifestyle of a health physician is anything but conducive to health (so don’t be hard on yourself). [22:20]
- The hidden benefits to the “Small Dog” prescription. [31:10]
- Passion as a form of healing. [36:45]
- By Lawrence Leshan
For more information
Here's how you can listen to today's episode:
- Listen to this episode on iTunes
- Stream by clicking below.
Remember, if you enjoy it, do subscribe on iTunes to hear next week's show as soon as it's live.
Have a great week - full of energy.
- The 7 Secrets of Happiness With Gyles Brandreth #7 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Happiness
- Eat whatever you want with nutritionist and body image coach Summer Innanen #8 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition
- Meditation, visualisation and awesome workouts with top CrossFit trainer Justin Wright #3 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition, yoga