January 31, 2016
Posted by: Tony in Blog
- Are you overextended and overburdened by life?
- Are you stressed out, anxious, maybe even panic-stricken about your commitments?
- If so, you might feel quite liberated by The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k!
I’m with Sarah Knight on the podcast Zestology this week. Sarah was almost 30 years old when she began to realise it was possible to stop caring so much, but was nearly 40 before she figured out how to make it happen. Now she’s written an uplifting and enjoyable book about it, and she’s on a mission to make all of us care a little bit less.
That’s me too. I could definitely do with caring a bit less about stuff, and so when I heard about her book we connected on Twitter and set up a fun chat. When you hear what she's got planned for the next stage of her life - inspired by the book - you may well be jel.In today's show, we cover giving up one's job and starting again, planning more low-maintenance weddings and the country Iceland... she doesn't give
In today's show, we cover giving up one's job and starting again, planning more low-maintenance weddings and the country Iceland... she doesn't give a monkey about that either. (Not sure about this one - I love Iceland! 🙂
Nevertheless, it is very liberating not caring so much about stuff. I'm interested, which is why I wanted to know more. And how...
When you listen you'll hear:
- What is a Born F**k Giver [1:32]
- When all you do is for other people [1:50]
- Trying to please many people [2:29]
Time, energy and money [4:30]
- The life-changing magic of tidying [6:30]
- Stepping away from mental clutter [10:00]
- Non-negotiable [13:10]
- Four categories of potential F*** giving [16:15]
- Forced Togetherness [19:45]
- Fewer, better f***s [21:50]
- Having the life, you envision for yourself [28:20]
- Being ‘not sorry’ [29:25]
- Conserving your energy [31:47]
For more information
- Let's Pretend This Never Happened
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying
- The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking below.
- Get Your Sh*t Together with author and “anti-guru” Sarah Knight #92 Posted in Blog, Zestology
- The only way to make tough decisions with NYT bestselling author Karan Bajaj #60 Posted in Blog, Zestology, yoga, Happiness, energy
- Worry no more – start living with ease with Life Coach Bruce Van Horn #41 Posted in Blog, Zestology