July 11, 2016
Posted by: Tony in Blog
- How can we tap in the power of the body to heal?
- How can we make sure the odds are in our favour?
- How can we get our body and mind working in sync?
Affirmations, calming down your self-talk, and thinking in a positive way about healing. How might all this stuff going on in the mind, impact physical symptoms, like a bad back?
Back pain is something I have a specific interest in. That's because every once in a while, mine hurts.
Dr. Michelle Robin is a fascinating expert in this area. She is a 'wellness chiropractor'. She says wellness because she doesn't just want to make sure your spine is in alignment. She wants to really get to know you and understand everything that is going on with your body, mind and spirit so that you can work together to bring you to a state of whole wellbeing. It is for this reason that she ask questions about how you’re pooping (!), what you’re eating, how you’re sleeping, and what your stress levels are like. It all matters.
We start off in this podcast talking generally about the link between mind and body. Then we go deep into the specifics of back pain and the power of the mind. Enjoy.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- The power of the body to heal [7:23]
- What is the E factor and how it impacts energy levels [9:40]
- The importance of real-life, real-work connection [11:45]
- The fear of missing out [12:40]
- How to enjoy the moment [13:47]
- How to have more energy [14:26]
- The importance of creating routines [14:44]
- The Chiropractic experience [20:22]
- The Psychological-Spiritual aspect of being well [22:59]
- What is the best posture for sleep [24:09]
- Posture as part of Medicine [26:14]
- Sitting is the new smoking [28:39]
- Go out and connect more with yourself [35:39]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen and follow Zestology on iTunes
- Listen and follow Zestology on Spotify
- Stream by clicking below
- Triumph over (extreme) adversity with actress Gemma Oaten #81 Posted in Blog, Zestology
- Is there a pill that can make you smarter? With Dr. Andrew Hill #100 Posted in Blog, Zestology
- Can’t sleep? Feel stressed? Get it sorted with author and podcast host Evan Brand #53 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep, energy