September 11, 2016
Posted by: Tony in Blog
How do you sleep? I thought I knew most of the important stuff about sleep, morning routines, and caffeine, but I just interviewed Dr. Oz's sleep doctor specialist, Dr Michael Breus, and he told me some stuff that blew my mind.
I'm actually writing this with a cup of coffee by my side, and I've changed my morning routine (and coffee routine) because of the information I learnt from Dr. Breus.
He's seriously well qualified. In addition to his private practice where he treats athletes, celebrities, and the like, he also "trains other sleep doctors and consults with major airlines, hotel chains, and retailers to provide the optimum sleep experience for their customers."
So if you're interested in improving your sleep, and therefore performance and energy levels - listen to today's Zestology.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- Importance of sunlight in the morning [2:08]
- Bluelight stops melatonin production [3:56]
- Dr. Bruce's thinking about caffeine [6:55]
- Keeping the same sleep schedule [13:36]
- The circadian rhythm [14:28]
- Sleep is like a soccer match [15:13]
- Seasonal Affective Disorder [17:06]
- Alcohol and sleep [18:12]
- Exercise and the quality of sleep [20:04]
- REM sleep and accuracy of sleep trackers [21:38]
- Understanding your chronotypes [28:00]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
This podcast is brought to you by Bulletproof Coffee and supplements. Bulletproof is for anyone that wants to perform better, and features supplements and products based on 20 years of mind and body research. I use Bulletproof - all the time - and I've sorted a 10% discount for Zestology listeners. Simply use the code ZESTOLOGY at checkout. Enjoy!
That's it for this week. Have a good one.
- Winning gold medals with Rio 2016 paralympian Matt Formston #59 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition, Happiness, energy
- The blue light problem that might be impacting your sleep and health with Dr. Edward Carome #14 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep
- Relationship skills – John Gray #118 Posted in Blog, Zestology