September 6, 2015
Posted by: Tony in Blog
I recently wrote about the hunched posture that people have when they check their mobile phone being described as 'the posture of failure'. Looking down, head facing downwards with shoulders hunched forwards - yes, this is the universally acknowledged posture of defeat. If you want more proof, then during a football match check out the posture of the players who miss in a penalty shoot-out.
As you read this, are you hunched over a smartphone? Crouched over a computer? Slumped in a chair, or curved over a table? Some of us sit up to 17 hours a day, which is pretty obviously not ideal, especially if you are sitting in the wrong position.
Today’s Zestology guest might be able to help you with that. The New York Times calls her ‘the posture guru’. She is Esther Gokhale and the more we spoke, the more I realised how important good posture is for good health. I first heard her on a very inspirational TED talk - she was knowledgable and inspiring so we got in touch and she agreed to come on Zestology.
GUARANTEE. When you listen to today's show, you will start to rearrange yourself into all kinds of postural adjustments that will make you feel good. Or to put it another way, the posture of success. (I'm not sure if the posture of success is an actual thing but I'm rolling with it).
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- Sitting with form [5:50]
- Restoring length in the body [15:14]
- Easy household items that can help you sit better [18:05]
- How back pain is draining your energy [19:30]
- How to properly use a standing desk [24:14]
Easy, everyday tips for vitality
- The Barefoot Posture Approach [7:15]
- Posture for Infants [13:00]
- How to properly sit (and change your life) [17:16]
- Standing for beginners [22:25]
- The importance of stacking [25:10]
- Learning from people who are close to the ground [4:50]
- Movement as a part of the human heritage [10:25]
- Adding strength to the system [15:45]
- Why modern people have different needs in the 21st century [29:10]
- Ecosystem posture method [34:16]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking below.
Have a super week.
P.S. If you enjoy Zestology and haven't written a review yet, it is hugely appreciated, and helps us climb the charts. You can click here and do it right now. If you take a screengrab and send it to me by return email, I'll feature you on the blog and send you a free audiobook. Deal?
P.P.S. I'm off to Greece tomorrow for a cheeky little mini holiday. Expect pictures. And next week's Zestology will still land as normal for you on Monday.
- The only way to make tough decisions with NYT bestselling author Karan Bajaj #60 Posted in Blog, Zestology, yoga, Happiness, energy
- Zestology Live: Feeling good and achieving more. Recorded live in London #49 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep, Nutrition, yoga, Happiness, energy
- Yoga, connections and getting back to nature, recorded live at Yoga Connects Festival #19 Posted in Blog, Zestology, yoga