October 4, 2015
Posted by: Tony in Blog
Should you go low fat or high fat?
Are protein shakes good for you?
Is being vegetarian and vegan healthier?
The answers to these questions and many more coming up today on a need to know basis!
Rhiannon Lambert has an amazing story, and was an awesome guest to interview.
At the age of 16 she was plucked from obscurity to become one of the UK’s leading sopranos. Catapulted into a glamorous world, she became famous for her voice. She’d made a hugely successful career for herself, but behind the scenes, was struggling with the pressure.
She tells this story today on Zestology, and how she started to get involved in nutrition, healthy eating and wellbeing.
She now still sings all around the world - in fact as you’ll hear she’s singing at the Rugby World Cup this week - and combines that with a successful career in nutrition. Her online blogs and social media sites are hugely popular, she works as a nutritional consultant from two different clinics on Harley Street, with olympic athletes, celebrities, NHS hospitals and specialises in eating disorders as well.
She is - in short - busy!
Rhiannon is an awesome Zestology guest. In today’s show we start with Rhiannon’s story, and then move onto the 8 need to know nutrition facts. This podcast truly is about the dramatic impact healthy eating can have on performance at the highest level.
When you listen you'll hear:
- The Singing Nutritionist [3:30]
- Struggling with the pressure of a career in the public eye [6:30]
- Finding something that works for you [12:18]
- 8 Need-to-know food facts [15:00]
- Should you eat low fat? [16:30]
- Sugar as a “wrinkle monster” [19:10]
- Altering our definition of carbohydrates [22:15]
- Fresh vs Frozen [24:27]
- Finding balance [26:00]
- Confusing hunger with thirst [28:15]
- Choosing a protein powder [29:10]
- Using Echinacea [33:30]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking below.
Do you like Zestology? If so, please forward this email to a friend and suggest they sign up for a weekly helping of Zest.
- Happy stomach = increased energy and happiness with digestive expert and podcast host Sam Bearfoot #16 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition
- Winning gold medals with Rio 2016 paralympian Matt Formston #59 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition, Happiness, energy
- Zestology Live: Feeling good and achieving more. Recorded live in London #49 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep, Nutrition, yoga, Happiness, energy