March 27, 2016
Posted by: Tony in Blog
This week’s guest Dean Karnazes does it all—seriously.
Not only is he a renowned endurance athlete and accomplished author, but he also works with several Fortune 500 companies all around the world, helping employees transform into elite leaders and managers.
Dean is, in a word, impressive.
So impressive that TIME named him one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People in the World” and Men’s Fitness honored him as one of the fittest men on the planet.
Our topic this week? Motivation and achievement.
Dean’s got it in spades, and so can you. We’re chatting nitty gritty, including how he knocked off 50 marathons spanning 50 U.S. states in just 50 days and what it takes to run 350 miles across 80 sleep-free hours.
Tune in now.
Even if you aren’t angling to run a marathon (or run anything for that matter), Dean’s got a lot to say on getting and staying motivated no matter what you’re up against.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- Keep exploring [2:16]
- Three nights without rest [6:15]
- Pushing yourself to failure [10:34]
- Finding energy when you need it most [15:20]
- Discipline gets you out the door [16:40]
- Reaching flow state [17:50]
- Living in the present [21:15]
- Know thyself [22:12]
NB the featured pics on this blog are Dean running in Death Valley - you'll hear the crazy tale behind Death Valley in the podcast.
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking below.