February 20, 2017
Posted by: Tony in Blog
Dean Karnazes is a celebrated Ultra Marathon Runner. In fact they call him Ultra MarathonMan because he’s broken so many boundaries.
So on this podcast:
- How to get your head in the right place
- Get into an ultra mindset right now, as you listen
- Also. What happens if you don't sleep for three days? (Dean did this)
This week it's Ultramarathon man Dean Karnazes on Zestology. He came on around a year ago and was awesome, so I wanted to get him back on. He’s one of the worlds most prolific runners and a big name. If you want to get inspired - check out Dean on Zestology today here on iTunes, here on Spotify.
He also ran for 3 days straight, without stopping and without sleeping. SO what's that got to do with mindset? Find out on Zestology.
And remember to check out my other interview with Dean a while back
When you listen you'll hear
- Running is my time [1:59]
- The Road to Sparta, book by Dean Karnazes [3:05]
- The turning point of Dean Karnazes [5:00]
- The projection technique [8:29]
- The self-selection diet of Dean Karnazes [11:29]
- Dean Karnazes' relieves Pheidippides' experience [12:01]
- The primal state of mind and the experience of running with the mind and spirit [15:35]
- Marathon is a way to escape from the world and connect with it on a deep level [19:01]
- Flow happens serendipitously [27:09]
- Dean Karnazes as the US Athlete Ambassador [32:19]
- Motivation and discipline [42:55]
For more information
- The Worst Journey in the World
- The Road to Sparta: Reliving the Ancient Battle and Epic Run That Inspired the World's Greatest Footrace
Enjoy and see you next week.
This podcast is supported by Bulletproof Coffee and supplements. Simply use the code ZESTOLOGY at checkout for 10% off if you want to get involved.. (Code works in both US and UK/Europe stores). Remember to check out next week's podcast, lots more on Bulletproof with guest Dave Asprey.
This podcast is brought to you by The Human Charger. It's a revolutionary device is for your well-being and shines bright light directly to the light-sensitive regions of the brain, right where it is needed the most. Namely, your lug holes (that's ears to you.) For more and a 20% discount (yep! big discount from the good Human Charger people), click on the link and use the code ZEST2017 on the amazon checkout page. I genuinely recommend it, and it's especially nice in the middle of winter.
- How the colour red can help you sleep better, and more changes for vitality with author and trainer Evan Brand #6 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep, Happiness
- Motivation, achievement and what it takes to endure with ultraendurance athlete Dean Karnazes #56 Posted in Blog, Zestology
- Dean Karnazes LIVE in London #115 Posted in Blog, Zestology