October 18, 2015
Posted by: Tony in Blog
How do you hack your brain? How can you make some instant improvements to your behaviour?
Maneesh Sethi is the voice behind the outstanding website Hack The System and the brains behind Pavlok - a gadget that literally shocks you into shape. He’s worked with major influencers like Tim Ferris, he’s a famous DJ in Berlin, and he’s even hosted a TV pilot on the Travel Channel. Is there anything that this guy can’t do?
I guess the best way to describe him is - lifehacker.
Why you should listen? (The fun stuff)
- Lots of productivity hacks you've never thought of before.
- Does hiring someone to slap you in the face every time you use Facebook improve your productivity levels?
- How to 'hack your brain'
- The crazy device that gives you a mini electric shock to help you change your behaviour.
- How to get a Sandwich named after you? (This actually works)
- And lots more.
Remember the podcast available to listen to right now, or whenever is convenient, on iTunes or at the link below. Remember to subscribe to get all the podcasts delivered direct to you every week.
Show notes (for reference - or if you want to skip to the most important bits for you)
- What is an accountability buddy? [3:35]
- Habit psychology [5:40]
- What is Pavlok? [8:00]
- Beating the Reptile Brain [11:20]
- 5 days to break a habit [13:50]
- Compound Effect [16:45]
- Developing exercise habits [18:25]
- Fear of loss nudging you forward [22:10]
- Law of commitment [25:30]
- Working with your brain [27:10]
- Getting a sandwich named after you [30:40]
- Personality psychology [33:20]
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking below.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think over in the comments section below.
- The 7 Secrets of Happiness With Gyles Brandreth #7 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Happiness
- How to find your Aha! Moment with chart-topping podcast host John Lee Dumas #20 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Happiness
- The Art of Adventure with explorer, scientist and podcast host Derek Loudermilk #47 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Happiness