March 8, 2015
Posted by: Tony in Blog
At the start of 2014 I travelled to the Philippines for a long-awaited holiday. We travelled to a fancy retreat in the jungle, and that was where my problems started. I got ill in the middle of nowhere. Booking an emergency flight home from Manila was only the start of my problems. I developed serious numb patches on my face, and extreme fatigue. I ended up having three months off work. The doctors said it might be glandular fever, but they didn't really know. It was a scary time, and since then I have really focused on my health and energy as I slowly fought back to full health.
Now I'm feeling much better, but the more I spoke to people, the more I realised that so many of us are feeling stressed, lacking in energy or motivation, and for whatever reason would love a little more spring in our step.
It's a subject that's close to my heart, and ties in with much of the stuff I've been blogging about over the last few years, so today I launch my new podcast - Zestology.
If you want more energy, vitality and purpose in your life, then Zestology is for you. I don't claim to know all the answers, but each week I'll be speaking to an incredible list of experts who have some practical ideas to start feeling more energy straight away. Plus as you'll hear, we have a lot of fun along the way.
To launch the show I have a fantastic guest - Dr. Pedram Shojai. Pedram is a world renowned author, filmmaker, and medical doctor who's made two awesome films, Origins and Vitality (available on netflix). They're both about living life with more energy and purpose, so he really is the perfect guest to kick it off.
You can click below right now and listen on any device. Or save this email for later and listen to it when you've got a little time spare. It's hopefully perfect for a car journey, walk to work, or whenever you feel like a little inspiration.
Click below to stream this podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- How to feel healthy like you're in your 20s (whatever age you actually are)
- The outstanding morning routine that you can put into place tomorrow morning
- What to do in the middle of your day to boost your vitality levels
- How turning the lights down in the evening can make you sleep better
- The incredible stats on people that sit more than 6 hours a day
- We sit more than we sleep. How to sort this out
- How sitting impacts our physiology in a very powerful way, and how you can practically sort this out during your working day.
- How the body is having a hard time with our departure from nature
- How companies can take really simple steps to increase productivity, and well-being
- How nap rooms at work have proven that productivity increases. (I love the idea of nap rooms)
- When to drink coffee and when to stop!
- The power of proper rest.
- The worrying impact that reading/watching too much news has on your energy levels
- The power of 'media fasting' and the super-simple way you can do this
- When to check your emails, and when to leave them well alone
- Make sure you listen to the end as Pedram's final tip for more energy and vitality is a beauty
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode: Incredible vitality and getting back to nature with film director Dr. Pedram Shojai
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (and please do rate my podcast - it really makes a huge difference! Thank you so much.)
- Stream by clicking below.
I genuinely feel very lucky that I've been able to get back from what happened last year. It's been a long and interesting journey and if my new show can help others feel better, or just a little more lively, then I'll be chuffed. Remember, if you enjoy it, do subscribe on iTunes to hear next week's show as soon as it's live.
Have a great week - full of energy.
- The Science of Behaviour Change with Anti Diet Founder Siri Steinmo #12 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition
- Feeling energetic and hot! With Thyroid Pharmacist Dr. Izabella Wentz #21 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep, Nutrition
- The blue light problem that might be impacting your sleep and health with Dr. Edward Carome #14 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep