June 19, 2016
Posted by: Tony in Blog
- How can you hunt and gather in an open-plan office?
- Why is singing so good for us on a primal level?
- How can you get more caveman on a day to day basis?
- And where does your DNA tell you that you originate from?
Most of these questions answered today on a fantastic podcast (even though I say it myself) with award-winning BBC broadcaster and journalist Tim Samuels. He's just written a new book called Who Stole My Spear?
And the DNA question? Well you may want to check out the 23andme DNA test that you can take. I just took it - here's my insta pic of the test above. You can find out all sorts on ancestry, health etc. It's pretty simple, just take a saliva test at home and send off. Has anyone else taken this? Do let me know.
Back to the podcast. Tim stops at nothing to explore how men should actually be living these days. From relationships, religion, and the rise of ISIS, to porn, fatherhood and the oppression of office life. Nothing is taboo. Oh and if you're a woman, there's tons of content in here for you too. In fact, I found Tim one of the most knowledgeable and definitely wittiest guests I've interviewed.
Getting back to nature and reconnecting is so important. It's a recurring theme on Zestology, and Tim Samuels is the perfect person to help transport us back a few thousand years!
We recorded in my local park, which Tim describes in very amusing detail at the start of the podcast. Enjoy.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- Tim explains his work [02:20]
- Why are men not in touch with their emotions? [05:00]
- What is Tim’s book Who Stole My Spear about? [08:03]
- How to live in the present? [09:55]
- Why meditation should be a part of your work day [14:45]
- Atheist Sabbath [17:01]
- The power of masculinity [22:15]
- Is football a tribal experience? [25:55]
- The importance of letting some steam off [28:37]
- How can singing in a crowd help you? [33:45]
For more information
- Tim Samuels
- Who Stole My Spear? By Tim Samuels
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval NoahHarari
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Incredible vitality and getting back to nature with film director Pedram Shojai #1 Posted in Blog, Zestology
- The caveman approach to a healthy heart, body and life with Paleo Cardiologist Dr Jack Wolfson #18 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy with Dr. Rob Pender and Tim Gray #114 Posted in Blog, Zestology