April 26, 2015
Posted by: Tony in Blog
Have you ever felt like it's hard to be well informed about food? Ever asked yourself what's good for you and what's not? What are the foods that you can eat for health and vitality? And how much "good fat" should we be eating?
Today's guest is Summer Innanen. She's one of America's top nutrition and diet coaches, and presents a cracking podcast herself. Please do take a listen, she's an inspiring individual, and starts on my show by telling her own story which is fascinating and led her to where she is today.
Remember you can listen to this podcast on iTunes (purple preloaded app on the iPhone, great app for listening to lots of excellent shows) or click below to stream this podcast now.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- Fat: clearing up the confusion. [9:00]
- Combating depression through better nutrition. [10:26]
- Why grains raise your blood sugar more than sugar. [11:00]
- Supplements for support and not sustenance. [29:47]
Easy, every-day tips for vitality
- Why complete carb depletion puts you at risk for hormonal imbalance. [14:00]
- The importance of “taking your food on a hot date.” [25:14]
- How eating in front of your T.V. or multitasking while you eat confuses your brain and digestive system. [27:03]
- Listening to your body’s cues and symptoms when designing the eating habits that are right for you. [19:50]
- “Good” and “Bad” foods and improving your overall relationship with food [27:30]
- Be authentically you. Why you should show up as yourself [32:40]
- by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch
- by Brene Brown
For more information
Here's how you can listen to today's episode:
- Listen to this episode on iTunes
- Stream by clicking below.
Before I go, here's a question. What would you change about the podcast? What would you like to hear? What do you like/dislike? Please do leave your suggestions over on the iTunes comments page or in the comments below, I read every one and will act on your suggestion. Thanks!
- Meditation, visualisation and awesome workouts with top CrossFit trainer Justin Wright #3 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition, yoga
- Three magic words for better health with cardiologist and author Dr. Mimi Guarneri #10 Posted in Blog, Zestology
- The Science of Behaviour Change with Anti Diet Founder Siri Steinmo #12 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition