September 4, 2016
Posted by: Tony in Blog
How do the world's best athletes motivate themselves, especially when they've been through massive adversity?
This week the Paralympics start in Rio. So who better to speak to than one of the most decorated Paralympians of all time.
Sascha Kindred has taken part in every Paralympics since Atlanta (yes in the mid-90s). He's got gold medals galore, and all that despite a doctor originally telling him and his family that he would never walk in his life. Coming up:
- How Sascha overcame adversity to get where he is.
- The special light-based alarm clock Sascha uses to help him wake up in the morning.
- Preparation is key, without that he feels lost.
- His silver medals mean more to him than gold. (Why??)
- The Queen made a very embarrassing gaffe the first time Sascha met her. (Yes, he's met her multiple times...)
If you are looking forward to the Paralympics, and like to get motivated by the best, then do listen to today's podcast... Sascha is a very straightforward guy with so much to inspire us with.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- What is a fast twitch? [02:30]
- How is Sascha preparing for the Paralympics? [03:35]
- Dealing with nerves [04:50]
- Sascha’s background story [07:45]
- Overcoming disabilities [11:20]
- How to inspire people? [13:04]
- Sascha’s training regime [16:23]
- How to get into the race mindset? [22:20]
- Where does Sascha get his inspiration? [30:39]
- The importance of getting the best of your body [31:42]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Winning gold medals with Rio 2016 paralympian Matt Formston #59 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition, Happiness, energy
- The caveman approach to a healthy heart, body and life with Paleo Cardiologist Dr Jack Wolfson #18 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Nutrition
- Relationships – Dr. Robert Glover #107 Posted in Blog, Zestology