August 6, 2017
Posted by: Tony in Blog
First up, I've been spending plenty of time out in nature this summer - trying to get a bit more primal. I walked up Snowdon (the highest mountain in England and Wales) a couple of weeks ago, and took this pic which looks surprisingly like someone's plonked an emoji in the lake.
So many of my Zestology podcast guests talk about the importance of getting back to nature, and being a bit more primal. Having climbed Snowdon I felt the same thing. Especially with emojis to help me on my way.
Zestology Podcast this week
This week's Zestology was also recorded outside, with Ayurveda expert Natalie Roper. Thousands of years before modern medicine provided scientific evidence for the mind-body connection, the sages of India developed Ayurveda. Which it turns out can massively sort you out. Listen to the podcast for more, or for a quick link, take this 'What's Your Dosha' test now.
This was a lovely podcast to record - getting slightly sunburnt at Yoga Connects Festival outside, even if I'm not sure about the ghee fast Natalie was talking about.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear
- The whole principle of Ayurveda [1:47]
- The three main body types or Dosha [3:38]
- Ayurveda and Taoism [7:57]
- Getting back to nature [9:15]
- Ayuverdic detoxification [10:49]
- Pursuing a healthy path and living a normal life [13:50]
- Listen to your body and your mind [21:31]
- Switching off and slowing down [22:44]
For more information
- The Alchemist
- Contact Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org