April 19, 2015
Posted by: Tony in Blog
Ever wondered how to feel happier? Today's guest is the man who wrote a book on it, actor, author, One Show reporter, and former MP Gyles Brandreth. His book is called 7 Secrets to Happiness (I recommend it, I read it in an afternoon and instantly started changing some stuff.) And this chat contains some surprising insights.
He wrote it in consultation with psychiatrist Dr Anthony Clare, and it is excellent. When I started reading it, I loved it and emailed Gyles to ask if I could interview him. And he said yes, so we met up over a slice of cake and discussed the secrets to happiness.
Remember you can listen to this podcast on iTunes (purple preloaded app on the iPhone, great app for listening to lots of excellent shows) or click above to stream this podcast now.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- Is happiness a universal right?
- The difference between ecstasy and happiness.
- How you might be shortening your life by 7-10 years.
- Can sex really make you “happy?”
Easy, every-day tips for vitality
- What is YOUR philosophy of life?
- Test yourself and allow yourself to be tested.
- Alter the way you present yourself in this way.
- The importance of embracing change for life longevity.
- The importance of being connected to something bigger than you.
- Why you should be more like the Queen. (Really.)
- Break the mirror.
- Why happiness cannot be measured in Facebook posts.
- by Gyles Brandreth
For more information
Here's how you can listen to today's episode:
- Listen to this episode on iTunes
- Stream by clicking below.
Have a great week, and thanks for listening/reading. I hope it helps and provides some inspiration.