September 20, 2015
Posted by: Tony in Blog
Sleep is one of the key elements of better energy, vitality and motivation. Time and again it’s come up on Zestology podcast as a really important element of feeling great and performing at your very best. But somehow getting good, deep sleep is easier said than done.
Nick Littlehales is a leading figure in the field of sleep, especially with sports stars having worked with top football clubs, such as Manchester United, Chelsea, and Real Madrid, the England’s national side and a host of Olympians and tour de france winners.
The Guardian recently called him "The man who showed Cristiano Ronaldo how to sleep", and that's when I first heard about him. I now realise what a big deal he is in the world of sport, and sleep, so I'm chuffed he agreed to come on Zestology.
As the Guardian said, "Sleep coaches exist, although the only surprising thing about that is that it took so long for such a job to be taken seriously in the world of sport".
FOOTNOTE: The night after I interviewed Nick Littlehales, I implemented just two of the changes he recommended, and - according to my jawbone wristband - I had the deepest night's sleep I've ever had (almost 4 hours 30 of deep sleep).
Zestology is all about living with energy, vitality and motivation, and today's show features perhaps the top expert worldwide in the area of sleep and sport. Listen on for how he can help you.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- Why we should bring back the traditional alarm clock [2:45]
- No pillows. No problem [10:20]
- Sleep positions and what’s right for you [9:22]
- The ideal mattress [10:40]
- What is sleep hygiene? [31:55]
Easy, everyday tips for vitality
- How our smart devices are impacting our sleep (in ways you wouldn’t have guessed) [4:40]
- Getting into sleep & staying asleep [7:10]
- Diet choices for the best sleep [18:00]
- Reducing treatment time for long-term injuries through sleep [27:50]
- A definitive number of hours that you need to sleep (sort of) [31:56]
- How artificial light is keeping your brain in “awake” mode [5:50]
- Waking up and going to bed with the sun [15:15]
- Recovery during sleep [25:10]
- How the little things make a big difference [30:40]
- Thinking of sleep in cycles [34:14]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
- Listen to this episode on iTunes (please do rate us - it makes a huge difference! Thank you)
- Stream by clicking below.
Have a super week.
- The natural miracle that improves health, energy & sleep with magnesium expert Dr Carolyn Dean #4 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep
- The blue light problem that might be impacting your sleep and health with Dr. Edward Carome #14 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep
- Can’t sleep? Feel stressed? Get it sorted with author and podcast host Evan Brand #53 Posted in Blog, Zestology, Sleep, energy